How would you suggest we improve VolunteerHub?

Allow Volunteers to add notes/comment to a volunteer sign up slot.

It would be great if there was an option for volunteers to add a comment to a slot they are signing up for. For instance, if the slot is from 11am - 1pm but the volunteer can only come from 12 noon - 1pm, allowing them to add a note/comment to that effect would be very helpful to everyone! They may also have a question that they can post and the administrator could get back to them (ie: can I bring my child?)

38 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Laura Blaskett shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very important to my volunteers, it is the communication needed for partial shifts or accommodations.

This is a question that I also had. It would be good to be able to have this feature within the Volunteer Hub system so that the event contact does not to have to keep track of it manually.

• Liz Erstad-Hicks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something that our volunteers and staff would really appreciate. It's a very common scenario and individual emails are too hard to manage. Having the comment or note with the actual event registration list would be most convenient and useful.

• Anthony Ventresca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would agree. I have a need for the volunteer to request for a lunch to be supplied if they are volunteering for a full day. That would be extremely helpful at the time of signup.

• Jennifer Green commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be beneficial to us as we keep a separate spread sheet of notes of groups per shift (e.g. Group A has a person in a wheelchair and needs special accommodations, Group B will be arriving late, Group C reserved a conference room during lunch and has ordered pizza, etc.).

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would be extremely helpful! It would allow volunteers to communicate with necessary staff within the same platform that they are signing up with

I think this would be a great addition to the website. This request is often asked from our volunteers on a weekly basis.

• Kathryn Nygaard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great benefit to our volunteers. We often get questions from volunteers about how to tell us that they will only be there for part of a scheduled shift.

• Angela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! I think this is very important to streamline the process and make sure that we always have enough volunteers covering throughout the day.

• mhahn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love this idea! We have also looked into this as an enhancement. We have many instances where volunteers do have a comment they would like to pass along, letting the organizer know they can only be available for part of the posted time.

Feedback and Knowledge Base