How would you suggest we improve VolunteerHub?

option for user/admin to disable email notifications

We have confirmation and reminder emails set up for each of our shifts. However, we have been getting requests from some of our 500+ volunteers to disable the email notification option for them. Most of our volunteers don't mind but for those who are working 6-10 shifts per week, it can become overwhelming. We would like an option that would allow us to disable email notifications for specific volunteers.

22 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brivera shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! I can typically have up to three "types" of volunteers that I would like to be able to reserve space at the same event, but I don't want to bombard some of those volunteers with every email. For instance, I have volunteers that participate nearly every day of the week, and then volunteers that are only there once or twice a year. I want to be able to send reminders to those occasional volunteers, but I don't want to bombard my regulars with confirmations, reminders, and thank yous for every event. (Especially because I mass register many of those regulars every few months, one day they would just receive a few dozen emails all at the same time confirming their participation.) It would be amazing if I could limit email notifications based on user group instead of having them be particular to each specific event - instead I have multiple events even if they are at the same time and same place so that I am not sending those reminders to my regular volunteers.

Even better could be to have option to turn off or on certain emails on the registered users page - every time I reserved an event for regulars that was a normal event I could turn off those notifications, but if I set up a new or different event for regulars then I could indicate that I want emails sent.

• Elizabeth Stewart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, even more specifically, it would be great if users could opt out of "types" of emails. For example, someone who doesn't want to receive a confirmation/reminder email every time they should be able to opt out of that without opting out of emails from us entirely. They still want to be notified if we have special events coming up, or if we have an upcoming urgent need for volunteers, or receive our monthly newsletter. However, they simply want to turn off the automatic features.

Feedback and Knowledge Base